Who is eligible to use Student Health Services?
We are not equipped to provide care for children or infants. Students with children may wish to visit the MSU HealthTeam Pediatric Primary Care Clinic on campus.
Additional groups are eligible to use select services at Olin Health Center.
MEDICAL & PSYCHIATRIC CARE
- MSU students or MSU Law students enrolled the previous semester (spouse also eligible).
- MSU students or MSU Law students during the break between semesters if student was enrolled the previous semester or will enroll the subsequent semester (spouse also eligible).
- MSU visiting faculty and visiting scholars (and spouse).
- Individuals age 14 or older who are participating in University-sponsored courses and programs (illness or injury only).
- Any individual who arrives with a life-threatening or potentially life-threatening medical emergency will be provided care until transfer to a higher level of care is arranged.
- MSU students, MSU Law students, and their spouse as listed above.
- MSU employees and visiting faculty (and spouse).
- MSU visiting scholars and their spouse.
- Visitors participating in University-sponsored courses and programs.
- MSU retirees and their spouse.
Available to any individual by order of a licensed physician/practitioner (when required by law).
THERE ARE CHARGES FOR MOST SERVICES
To learn more about the cost of services, and to find out if you are eligible for the "three visits", please visit our Costs & Billing page.
CARE FOR NON-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS
Individuals who arrive with non-life threatening concerns and do not meet the above eligibility requirements are provided a list of alternate facilities/services for receiving care. Many of these options are also listed on the After Hours Care page.