SPARTANfit Fitness Assessment
This comprehensive fitness assessment will help to determine your current level of fitness.
A series of resting and exercising assessments will help establish baseline measurements which can then be used to set goals, monitor performance, and assess progress throughout your exercise program. Following your assessment you will receive a computerized, age adjusted fitness profile displaying your results. Based on these results, a SPARTANfit staff member will work with you to establish a tailored fitness and/or lifestyle modification program.
The following assessments are administered:
- Heart Rate
- Blood Pressure
- Height and Body Weight
- Body Composition Analysis utilizing Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis or Skinfold Measurements
- Cardiorespiratory fitness utilizing a computerized Bicycle Ergometer
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance
All participants are encouraged to schedule a three month SPARTANFit Fitness Assessment follow-up appointment to monitor progress.
|Initial Assessment||Follow-Up Assessment|
What you should know and how to prepare:
- Wear athletic apparel and athletic shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration prior to the testing.
- Avoid heavy meals, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 hours before testing.
- You may have a small snack 30 minutes to 1 hour before the test.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the test.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (6 - 8 hours) the night before the test.
- Void (urinate) completely prior to testing
For more information on the SPARTANfit Fitness Assessment, please contact the Fitness Programs Coordinator, Kristin Traskie at (517) 353-7868 or firstname.lastname@example.org.