New Students

Welcome to MSU!

Review the list below for health-related requirements and recommendations for new MSU students.

ADHD Prescriptions

Students wishing to have a Primary Care physician at Olin Health Center take over the ongoing management of ADD/ADHD medication should:

  1. Complete, sign, and date the ADD/ADHD Patient Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information form. The form allows us to request the following:
    • Documentation of a diagnostic evaluation for ADHD from a psychologist, psychiatrist or primary care physician.
    • Medication prescribing information from a psychiatrist or primary care physician, if you have previously been on medication.

  2. Return the completed form by one of the following delivery methods:

    • Drop Off or Mail:
      Student Health & Wellness
      Room 146
      463 East Circle Drive
      East Lansing, Michigan 48824

    • Email

    • Fax (517) 432-9460

Once we receive your medical records, a Student Health Services primary care physician will review them. If the records are complete, we will contact you to schedule an appointment. If you have not been contacted to schedule an appointment within two weeks of returning your request for records, please contact the Medical Records team at (517) 353-9153.

Learn more about ADD/ADHD medication management here.

Using Health Care in the United States:
Steps to take, Where to go, What to expect.


Find it Here